Bernie on Tour

Sunday, October 16, 2005

One month over - a little retrospect

Time went by very fast - and the first month of my stay here in Oxford has already elapsed. So, what happened so far? There was one week of enrollment and induction. I also met my flatmates and lots of other people. Some of them are now friends of mine but on the other side there might be a punch of guys I wouldn´t remember any more.

Lectures at university started one week after my arrivial - and by now they are part of everydays life. It´s quite easy to keep up because the English that is unsed in my lectures is quite easy to understand.

Normally students here take 4 or 5 modules per semester. I took only 4 in order to keep my weekends free for other activities - escpecially travelling around and seeing the country. I´ve taken a guided Oxford-tour, visited Windsor Castle and been to London. There are lots of other places I want to see. Unfortunately I had to give upmy plan about visiting Scottland, when I recognised, that it takes more that 10 hours to go thers (by train).

It turned out, that we international students kinda stick together. We are now a little group - 3 Austrians (Jakob, Deepak - I count him as an Austrian because he studies at the university of Linz - and me), the 2 French girls from our flat (Audrey-Laure and Nathalie) and Deepak´s flatmate Nestor (from Spain). Sometimes the girls or Nestor bring some more people from their countries.

The only English guy who is with us very often is Dan. He studies film and Japanese. That´s the reason why he knows loads of Japanese students. They are quite funny and all of us enjoy hanging around with them.

I hope you are not already bored by reading this blog. But since you obviously read this post - it can´t be that bad ;-)
cu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home