Bernie on Tour

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Trip to Reading

Today I went to Reading. Since I was offered to go there I was interested in what the Uni there looks like. And I have to admit that I´ve been impressed. Whereas in Oxford all the students and buildings are spread over the whole city the Uni in Reading looks like a little village on its own. There are lots of signposts that show where the buildings for the different subjects are. And they offer many of them! (in the photo you can see the computer science building)

But when I went there I was confirmed in my opinion that the English go mad as soon as regulations are concerned: I went to Reading by train. And when I wanted to go off the train the doors did not open. After a few minutes the "train-manager" - as he called himself - told us, that the doors won´t open at all. WHY? Because the train had 9 carriages and the platform where it was standing was only long enough for 6 or 7. So instead of just opening all those doors that where accessable via the platform they wanted to move the train to anoterh platform!!! But after about 10 or even 15 minutes they realised that there was no other platform available due to regular traffic. So they finally did the only reasonable thing an opened all the doors except those of the last two carriages. So we were finally released ;-)

cheers

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger NSTR said...

Hey, perhaps they wanted to kidnap you :-)
I hope you enjoyed the trip, you have to show us the photos.

Nestor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home