Bernie on Tour

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy new year

Yes I know I should have done this a little earlier... but now there is time to wish you all the best for this year!!!
Yesterday I have already talked to Nestor about habits to celebrate the new year. He told me about the "doce uvas" (12 grapes) in Spain where you have to eat one grape at each stroke of the clock at midnight.
In Austria some people heat up a soft metal (lead) until it melts and then poor it into cold water - they believe that the shape of the metal then tells them something about their future within the next year.
Well - that was not what we did - but we did have good fun ;)
Cheers

... most responsible job: cooking "punsch" (red wine, rum, sugar, oranges, spices) ...


... brothers??? ...


... sisters??? ...


... And finally ...

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year Bernie! :-)

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Punsch seems quite nice. (what an interesting comment !) But I already wished you a happy new year, so I had to tell something else.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger NSTR said...

Happy new year. Twelve grapes is a funny tradition I told you. The most funny thing is to see others eating grapes really quick.

Best regards,
NĂ©stor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home